Nero 2015 Digital Media Suite
The Nero 2015 digital media suite is now available, adding new mobile apps to this fine collection of media wranging and playback tools.
Nero has gone its own way with digital media software, expanding from its roots in disc burning, adding media editing tools, and then focusing more and more on media access and playback -- from PC to set-top to mobile.
You can immediately see the range of the Nero suite from the integrated Launcher, with tools to view, edit, burn, and backup your media:
- Manage and Play - Nero MediaHome, MediaBrowser, Blu-ray Player
- Edit and Convert - Nero Video, Recode, Creative Content
- Rip and Burn - Nero Burning ROM, Express
- Backup and Rescue - Nero BackItUp, RescueAgent
- Nero Apps - for Android and iOS
- Your Product, Tools & Settings, Tutorials, Photo Products, News
Nero MediaHome starts as a general media organizer for photos and videos, now with support for geotags, plus tags, smart albums, and face recognition. As with other photo tools, you can adjust and enhance photos, and share your efforts favorite memories by creating slideshows and photobooks, and by uploading to sites including Facebook and YouTube.
But the real focus of MediaHome is media playback -- all your media, available on all your devices. All your media, since MediaHome can integrates your playlists in Windows Media Player and iTunes. And to all your devices, since you can stream your PC-based photos, music, and videos to your TV sets -- it will take care of converting the media formats as needed for each device). Plus the new Nero MediaHome Receiver app allows you to play your media on mobile devices throughout your house.
This is part of the new Nero 2015 collection of companion Android and iOS apps that extend the range of your media to mobile:
- Use the Nero MediaHome Receiver app as a wireless player for your mobile device to play your media collection anywhere around the house. It connects to a PC running MediaHome to so you can enjoy videos, photos, and slideshows
- Use the Nero AirBurn app to wirelessly copy files and media from your mobile device to burn on disc. It transfers data, photos, and videos from a smartphone or tablet to a PC running Nero Burning ROM so you can copy and archive to disc, or create compilations to share.
- Use the Nero MediaHome WiFi Sync app to sync your media between your PC and Android device, wirelessly or over USB.
There are also new companion Nero Manual apps for the Nero PC applications, so you can get help, tutorials, and video guides on your mobile "second screen", and while you working in your PC application in full-screen.
The result is a compelling collection of tools for organizing, editing / converting, archiving, and enjoying your ever-growing media collection.
The Nero 2015 suite offers the core media wranging tools:
- Nero Video for traditional video editing and authoring, now with 4K Ultra HD support and editable effects templates
- Nero Recode as a focused tool for converting video formats for playback on different devices, now with direct transcoding from Nero Disc
- Nero Express for easy disc ripping, copying, and burning
- Nero Burning ROM for full-power disc burning, now with Nero AirBurn direct burning from mobile device
- Nero BackItUp for PC and mobile backup to physical media, plus cloud storage plans
- Nero WaveEditor - Audio recording and editing
- Nero SoundTrax - Music digitizing and mixing
- Nero DiscSpeed - Disc drive optimizer
Nero Burning ROM 2015 is available separately for $49, Nero Video 2015 for $59, and Nero Recode 2014 for $39.
The Nero Downloads page offers 15-day trial versions of the core tools. Nero Media Home and Nero BackItUp are available as free downloads, along with the ancillary audio and disc tools.
The Nero Apps are available on Android. Nero AirBurn and the Manual apps also are on iOS, with the others coming soon.
Find Nero 2015 on Amazon.com